Run One For The Team
The Corporate Team Experience
The Calgary Marathon’s new Corporate Team Experience helps build employee engagement while showcasing your commitment to employee wellness and our local community.
Each race is an opportunity to motivate your employees to reach their individual fitness goals and provides an opportunity to engage and connect with your employees in meaningful ways.
Experience with a purpose
A Healthy Perk for Your Employees
Join the newly minted 2023 Corporate Team Experience to create a healthy community thriving together in your workplace. The Corporate Team Experience lets you easily put together a company team for our races while simultaneously supporting your corporate wellness initiatives and helping one of our official charities achieve their goals.
The Corporate Team Experience is a great way to get your employees active and encourage teamwork. Colleagues work together and cheer each other on every step of the way - from the first day of training, to lunch runs, interoffice challenges, and finally culminating with the moment they cross the finish line.
The Corporate Team Experience is made even more purposeful because you will be helping one of our official charities achieve their goals, while you achieve yours.
In its twelve year history, the Charity Challenge has helped raise more than $9.5 million in Calgary.
How It Works
Designate a team captain from your company. The team captain then registers your corporate team using your company’s name on the event registration website HERE. (*Please select the 'Corporate Team Experience' sub-event at the bottom of the list of events.)
When registering, the team captain will select your preferred fundraising organization to support from our list of official charities HERE. Let us know if your charity is not listed and we can reach out to get them registered as an official charity.
Our Corporate Relations Manager will contact the team captain to provide a promo code for the team (employees) to use when registering. The promo code can be set up to provide any percentage discount.
Once the team and promo code has been created, all participating employees (including team captain) must individually register for their distance and place themselves on the corporate team during registration. Each team member can register for a different distance.
Once everyone is registered, an invoice will be sent to the team captain for payment. All team members must be registered by April 28, 2023. We will honour our Early Bird Pricing for all registrations as long as there is a minimum of five participants on your corporate team. View our 2023 Pricing Chart HERE.
Start your training plans, plan some lunch runs, and reach out to your friends and family to help support the charity you selected!
Run (or walk) at your own pace on Sunday May 28th and celebrate your collective achievement!
It wouldn’t be a full experience without some healthy competition! Corporate teams will be rewarded for:
- Top Fundraising
- Best Team Spirit
- Most Collective Distance
Eligibility & Additional Info
- Any for-profit or non-profit corporation may participate, and all full and part‐time employees are eligible and encouraged to join.
- Create your team as soon as possible — remember the team must be created BEFORE any participants register for their event.
- If the company is paying for employee's registrations, employees will be able to register for free (or at a discount) using a unique promo code. An invoice will be sent to the team captain once everyone is registered - guaranteed at the Early Bird price. We can also provide a promo code for a discounted registration fee or employees can register and pay themselves. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- To be eligible for prizing, each team must have a minimum of 5 people and raise a minimum of $1000 for their preferred charity.
- Most Collective Distance is defined as the total collective distance covered by your corporate team participants on race day. For example, 5 people running the half marathon (5 x 21.1K) beats 10 people running the 5K (10 x 5km)
- All of the top teams will receive company shout-outs in our newsletter and on Calgary Marathon’s social media. The top fundraising team will be awarded the Calgary Marathon's Corporate Team Experience trophy to proudly display in your office for the year. This team will also receive $500 towards a catered recognition lunch at your office after the event. The teams with the best spirit and most collective distance will also win a catered lunch at your office and, more importantly, bragging rights for the year.
Take up the Challenge
Our Official Charities.
Explore our list of official charities below.