Guinness World Records™
More information about 2021 coming soon!
Since 2013 the Calgary Marathon Race Weekend has been the platform for a number of GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title-attempts, including 11 that have been successful.
GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ is partnering for the first time with the 2020 Calgary Marathon to provide free on-site verification to pre-registered record-breaking hopefuls like you.
An official Guinness World Records adjudicator will be at the finish line to confirm if your feat was Officially Amazing™!
A Guinness World Records title attempt will make your run in Calgary even more special, whether you’re trying to make a personal record or benefit a charity close to your heart. An official attempt can bring additional awareness to your efforts, so be sure to include details about your charity run within your application.
Planning to run with friends and family? Make history together and apply for a team-based record title, including Fastest marathon by a linked team, Fastest marathon in a three-person costume, or Fastest marathon in a ten-person costume.
Learn more about the current record titles and their minimums to see which category is right for you or your team.
Are you ready to make history?
After registering to participate in the race, complete a standard-level application by clicking “Apply for a Record” on the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS website: “Break a Record at a Marathon”
Please include the following information in your application:
- A record title and a full description of the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS attempt
- If it is a new record, please include as much information as possible about the proposed title.
- The date and location of the marathon (5/31/2020, Calgary, Alberta, Canada). You will be prompted to choose an event – please select “Calgary Marathon” from the list.
- Dimensions of the costume(s) or object(s) to be worn or carried (including height, width, depth and, weight)
- For new records, provide a description of the proposed costume
- Projected finish time you or your team hopes to run in
A Records Manager will contact you to confirm your application is accepted to attempt a record title during the race and provide next steps.
You will need to submit a photograph via the Guinness World Records online application portal to clearly show your entire costume, prop(s), or official documents to meet the requirements.
The deadline for applications is 6 PM EST on Sunday, May 10.