SCOTIABANK CALGARY MARATHON VIRTUAL EVENT
September 1 - 30, 2021
For those who wish to run virtually and raise funds for their charity of choice, we will be offering a virtual race registration where participants can choose their distance and run anytime, any place in a 30 day window to earn their swag and be eligible for prizing.
**New end date to complete your virtual run - Midnight Oct 17, 2021
Running together, a part.
The 2021 Calgary Marathon is hybrid, which includes a virtual component! We are excited to keep you moving and connected to your community; here's how.
Date: Between September 1 and 30 **New end date - October 17, 2021
Location: Your virtual run or walk can be completed anywhere, and on any surface (trail, road, treadmill, track, backyard, balcony).
Course Time Limit: None, take as little or as much time as you need.
Package Pick Up: Package Pick Up is at The Grandstand on the same days and times as Package Pick Up for the in-person events, unless you paid to have your package mailed out to you. If you registered for virtual before August 31st at midnight, your package will be mailed the first week of September. If you register for virtual on September 1st or later, your package will be mailed the week of September 20th.
- Commemorative 2021 race shirt (note this is 2020 event shirt)
- 2021 Finisher medal (note this is 2020 medal)
- Downloadable event badge
- Personalized race bib
- Finisher's certificate
- Digital leaderboards
- Contests and prizing
- Opportunity to raise funds for local charities through the Scotiabank Charity Challenge
- And a few surprises!
- Purchase your registration between April 19 - September 29.
- Depending on your selection, your swag will be available by curbside pickup, or mailed.
- Run your race sometime between September 1 and 30th. You can do it any time of day, any place, on any surface. Please adhere to local guidelines and restrictions at that time.
- We encourage registered participants to track their run using RunKeeper, where your results will automatically sync with your Race Roster account and right onto the leaderboard.
- Alternatively, screen capture any fitness app or watch (Garmin, Strava, Fitbit etc.) and manually upload you time.
All virtual runners have the opportunity to select a local charity to fundraise for. There are currently over 80 charities signed up for the Scotiabank Charity Challenge that could use your support.
2021 Run Calgary Race Season
All registered participants will receive detailed instructions for completing their virtual race prior to the start of the race period.
Dowloadable Bibs & Badges