SCOTIABANK CALGARY MARATHON VIRTUAL RACE FESTIVAL
May 31 - September 27, 2020
We may not be able to run together in traditional ways but we can still set goals, get outside to move and connect digitally, which keeps us motivated, inspired and celebrating one another’s achievements.
Running together, a part.
The 2020 Scotiabank Calgary Marathon has gone virtual! We are excited to keep you moving and connected to your community; here's how.
Date: Between May 31- September 27
Location: Your virtual run or walk can be completed anywhere, and on any surface (trail, road, treadmill, track, backyard, balcony).
Course Time Limit: None, take as little or as much time as you need.
- Commemorative race shirt featuring the Peace Bridge
- Finisher medal featuring the peace bridge
- Downloadable event badge
- Personalized race bib
- Finisher's certificate
- Digital leaderboards
- Contests and prizing
- Opportunity to raise funds for local charities through the Scotiabank Charity Challenge
- A unique code for $20 to any future Run Calgary event
- A code for 15% off any ASICS
- A remarkable experience and a few surprises
- Please note: Check Run Calgary's Google listing under 'hours' for our current curbside pickup dates and times. Location is Unit 17 1515 Highfield Cres S.E
- Purchase your registration between May 6th- September 26.
- Depending on your selection, your swag will be available by curbside pickup, or mailed.
- Run your race sometime between May 31st- September 27th. You can do it any time of day, any place, on any surface. Please adhere to local guidelines and restrictions around physical distancing.
- We encourage registered participants to track their run using RunKeeper, where your results will automatically sync with your Race Roster account and right onto the leaderboard.
- Alternatively, screen capture any fitness app or watch (Garmin, Strava, Fitbit etc.) and manually upload you time.
All virtual runners have the opportunity to select a local charity to fundraise for. There are currently over 79 charities signed up for the Scotiabank Charity Challenge that could use your support.
2020 Run Calgary Virtual Race Festival
- Scotiabank Calgary Marathon Virtual 5K 10K 21.1K Marathon 50K solo and social distancing relay, May 6 - September 27 (this was our postponement date!)
- The Flapjack 15K (our new virtual event!) July 3 - 12
- Beat Beethoven in partnership with CPO 4K walk and 8K run, August 22 -31
- The Wild Run in partnership with The Calgary Zoo 10 mile solo or virtual team tag relay, September 20 - 30
- Dash of Doom in partnership with AARCS 1K 5K and 10K, October 26 - 31
- 12Ks of Christmas (our first ever virtual event is back!), December 1 - 12
All registered participants will receive detailed instructions for completing their virtual race prior to the start of the race period.
Dowloadable Bibs & Badges
Anyone can join in the virtual fun. Download and print your free virtual race bibs and badges here.