Race day at the Servus Calgary Marathon is an exciting and memorable experience, and choosing the right outfit can help you feel confident and comfortable as you take on the challenge. Here are five tips on what you should wear on race day:
- Choose comfortable and breathable clothing: Your race day outfit should have been tested in ‘race day conditions’, it should help you stay cool and dry during the race. Look for moisture-wicking materials and avoid anything too tight or restrictive.
- Consider the weather: Be sure to check the weather forecast for race day and plan your outfit accordingly. If it’s going to be hot, choose light and airy clothing, and if it’s going to be cold, layer up with warm and breathable pieces. You can discard any old running clothing at the start line and it will get donated to a local charity.
- Wear the right shoes: Your shoes are an important part of your race day outfit, so be sure to choose a pair that fits well and provides the support and cushioning you need. Race day should never be the first time you wear that new pair.
- Accessorize wisely: While it’s important to feel comfortable and confident on race day, it’s also important to not overdo it with too many accessories. A hat or visor, sunglasses, and a hydration belt are all good options, but keep it simple and ensure that you’ve had several runs in your race day outfit.
- Don’t forget to wear your bib: Your race bib is a crucial part of your race day outfit and has a timing chip on the back. Make sure to wear your bib on the front and keep it visible so that course marshals can ensure you’re going in the right direction. This also helps on-course photographers identify you in their photos!
Choosing the most comfortable and breathable clothing, considering the weather, wearing the right shoes, and accessorizing wisely will give you the best shot to take on the Servus Calgary Marathon and have a great race!